Wednesday 11 September 2013

WOD: 09/09/13.

I tend to do my open training before the WODs as this is how the classes are set up at the box I go to. As I mentioned in my September Goals post, this week I am 1RM testing so that I can gauge where my strength is currently. I decided that Monday was deadlift day so off I went, gradually adding the weight until I reached my limit. I got to 85.2kgs (the plates are a mix of lbs and kgs and as I'm a slight perfectionist I had to work out the precise weight!). Which means I reached my goal of 85kgs which I'm super pleased with, so now I'm going to aim for 90kgs. I think having my goal really helped, but I don't know if psychologically I switched off after 85kgs knowing that I'd met it. We shall see if I'm able to add any more weight throughout the rest of the month.

Oh yeaahhh!!


After open training it was time for the class. The focus was 2x 60% 1RM deadlifts (50kg) every 30secs for 5 minutes. Although I'd been 1RM testing, the volume was fairly low as it was obviously one 1 rep at each weight, so I didn't find this one too bad. 

Then it was WOD time:

For time:
100 double unders/300 skips
25 thrusters (15kgs)
75 double unders/225 skips
25 thrusters (15kgs)
50 double unders/150 skips
25 thrusters (20kgs)

Time: 14:28

I found this WOD pretty challenging. I chose to just do single skips as my double unders aren't there yet, I can only do about 5 and that's with single skips inbetween, they're a work in progress. So skips it was. For the thrusters 15kg was the female weight, but there was three females and only 2 bars, so we decided rather than one of us do the whole workout at 20kg, we would take one set each...I pulled the short straw for the last set! It was tough but I got there. Roll on the next one!

Photo Credit


No comments:

Post a Comment